The Finance and Research Administration team works together to provide quality support to our constituency groups: Faculty, Physics Staff, Postdoctoral Fellows and Associates, Graduate Students, and Partners.
We provide the following services:
General Finance and Procurement Services: We review and process summer salary, provide salary certification support, as well assist the Administrative Officer with maintaining all non-sponsored accounts, including starts ups and discretionary accounts. We also process and verify all procurement transactions for the Department of Physics, including expenses related to Travel, B2P, and RFPs.
Research Administration: We provide pre and post award support to PIs. This includes proposal and budget preparation, account summaries and projections, and monthly financial review and control.
Graduate Student Fellowship Support: We process all graduate student fellowships, including but not limited to Departmental, External, Federal, and Private fellowships. In addition, we process billing agreements for external appointments.
Do you have a question? Meet the Team!
- General inquiries: email@example.com
- Graduate student questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposal inquires and Sponsored research: email@example.com
- Payroll services/Tax questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student payment inquiries: email@example.com
- Travel reporting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B2P purchasing and RFPs: B2P@mit.edu
- Card services: email@example.com
- Invoice submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org