Marin Soljačić '96
- nonlinear optics
- artificial intelligence in science
- Professor; Physics Department, MIT, (2011-
- Associate Professor; Physics Department, MIT, (2010-2011)
- A founder of WiTricity Corporation (2007), as well as Lightelligence (2017)
- Assistant Professor; Physics Department, MIT, (2005-2010)
- Principal Research Scientist; Research Laboratory of Electronics, MIT, (2003-2005)
- Pappalardo Fellow; Physics Department, MIT, (2000-2003)
- PhD program, Princeton Physics Department (1996-2000)
- Undergraduate at MIT (physics and also EECS): (1992-1996)
- Born and K-12 education in Zagreb, Croatia
National Science Foundation announces MIT-led Institute for Artificial Intelligence and Fundamental Interactions
IAIFI will advance physics knowledge and galvanize AI research innovation.
Awards & Honors
- 2017 // "The Order of the Croatian Daystar, with the image of Ruđer Bošković", the Croatian President’s top medal for Science
- 2014 // Blavatnik National Award
- 2011 // Young Global Leader (YGL) of the World Economic Forum
- 2008 // MacArthur "Genius" Fellowship
- 2006 // TR35 Award of the Technology Review: one of top 35 innovators under the age of 35
- 2005 // Adolph Lomb Medal of the Optical Society of America
“A general theoretical and experimental framework for nanoscale electromagnetism” Yi Yang, Di Zhu, Wei Yan, Akshay Agarwal, Mengjie Zheng, John D. Joannopoulos, Philippe Lalanne, Thomas Christensen , Karl K. Berggren and Marin Soljacic. Nature Vol.576, p.248, (2019).
“Tunable Efficient Unitary Neural Networks (EUNN) and their application to RNNs” Li Jing, Yichen Shen, Tena Dubcek, John Peurifoy, Scott Skirlo, Yann LeCun, Max Tegmark, Marin Soljacic. Proceedings of the 34th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), Sydney, Australia, PMLR 70, 2017.
“Experimental observation of Weyl points” L Lu, Z Wang, D Ye, L Ran, L Fu, JD Joannopoulos, M Soljačić. Science Vol.349, p.622, (2015).